Monday, November 25, 2013

Heat Wave, by Yvonne White

July 16, 2013, was one of the worst heat waves I have ever seen. The sun was too much and the ray of the sun was spreading in the dormitory.

It was too hot to cook any food.

 I tried to warm my food in the only microwave that was working on the third floor, but it was not working. I was upset because I had to warm my food in the kitchen with a pan under the heat.

I was told later in the night that the microwave was now on the second floor because boys were staying on the second floor, which used to be for girls.

The worst part about this experience was there were no air conditioners and no fans in the dormitory. The fan that my brother bought for me last year only kept blowing hot air. Even when I opened the windows, hot air kept on coming inside the dorm.

 
It was around two or three o’clock in the morning that the temperature came down. I pray I will not experience this next year.

1 comment:

  1. I also hope you never have to endure this again, Yvonne. I remember that summer; it was miserable.

    ReplyDelete