Friday, November 22, 2013

Traversing the Sea of Love in a World of Misconceptions, by Matthew Tochman

We embarked on this journey alone,
In a world so full of phonies,
There was nothing you and I could do but
Fall for each other,
I never believed in a love as true,
You and I both wished that we could find,
The type of love we had in mind,
We found solace in in another,
I will always be here for you,

Outside is stormy weather,
Swear if we die, we die together,
We both sought something more,
Like a love worth dying for,
Already you have changed me,
We cast our nets into the sea,
And captured all our fears,
Laid them to rest after many years,
I was a man of no regrets,
Spent my life just hedging bets,
Running from my past,
From all this you have saved me at last,

No one knows what is to come,
Nevermore will we be lonesome,
Your secrets I will keep,
As we ascend this mountain steep,
On the shore ahead are buried some,
Who drowned in seas so deep,
But we will make it through,
And together we will prove,
Through honesty and faith,
That love can keep you safe,

This promise I will keep,
To sow what I will reap,
We won’t let them keep us down,
Though together we may drown,
Hold my hand and brace yourself,
Like a book to a shelf,
The coast will take us in,
So that together we may win,
The race to a safer shore,
As we look for nothing more,
But the love that we found,
While neither of us drowned,
Be calm and take my hand,
As we brave a whole new land.

1 comment: